Book Review - Dungeons and Drama by Kristy Boyce

Dungeons and Drama by Kristy Boyce

I saw this book recommended on TikTok and was immediately interested because it sounded very cute. And then I saw it in Barnes & Noble, I knew I had to get it. The cover is also just so cute and is a perfect addition to any shelf.

Dungeons and Drama is about Riley, a high school drama student. She's still dealing with the aftermath of her parent's divorce and has been struggling to maintain a good relationship with her dad. That is until she gets caught driving her mom's car without a license and is forced to work at her dad's game store for eight weeks as a punishment. Nathan is a boy in her grade who's been working at her dad's store for a few years, and he also plays D&D with his friend group at the store. After becoming friendly with Nathan and getting invited into his D&D game, Riley realizes that maybe gaming isn't as strange as she once thought it was. And her time at her dad's store proves to be beneficial for both her and Nathan when they agree to fake-date to convince Riley's ex and Nathan's crush that they're dating to make them jealous. But will they be able to maintain their fake dating rouse without catching real feelings?

This story made my little nerdy heart so happy. It had been a while since I'd read a YA novel, and I was genuinely so surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Dungeons and Drama was just such a refreshing and cute romance story. I also really loved how the family aspect of this story was portrayed. The relationships in this book just felt so real and believable.

Overall a very cute, easy, and lighthearted YA romance read.



Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *