Book Review - Watch Your Mouth by Kandi Steiner

Watch Your Mouth by Kandi Steiner

Oh. My. God. This book was my first hockey romance, and it won't be my last. I'm not sure why I have never read one before, but I was definitely missing out. Hockey men will now be my obsession for the next approximately two weeks before I move on to my next obsession.

Grace Tanev is recovering from a "break up" with a guy who was never interested in a relationship to begin with. But after going home to spend some time with her family, she runs into Jaxson Brittain. Jaxson is her brother's best friend and hockey teammate, and someone who she seriously flirted with one night out with the team. But after Jaxson sees Grace upset, he agrees to go on a road trip with her. During the course of the road trip, they become much closer. But will Vince, Grace's brother, ever approve of Grace and Jax's relationship?

I just want to say off the bat, the guy on the cover is nothing like what I imagine Jax to look like. I imagine him looking more like a mature pretty boy, like a classic hot hockey player. But with that out of the way, I loved the characters in this book so much. Grace was a little annoying at times the way she teased Jax, but I loved the tension it caused between them. I loved the way Jax and Grace could share their traumas with each other and understand each other in a way that no one else could. 

The plot of this book was fairly simple and a little predictable, but I still loved it. Like I've said before, one thing I love is a brother's best friend romance. I can not get enough. And the fact that her brother is so much older, made this an age gap romance too, which once again, I live for. And the spice in this book was fantastic. 

Watch Your Mouth can be read as a standalone, but is #2 in the Kings of the Ice series. I didn't know that going into it, but honestly I didn't really like Grace's brother enough to read his story, which is book #1 in the series. That being said, will I be reading the next book? Absolutely. It's about another teammate, a single father who falls for his daughter's teacher. Look for my review sometime in April when it comes out. 

Absolutely recommend this as a low-stakes but high-spice hockey romance.



Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *